9.13.2009

FIT

Today I discovered an amazing new store called FIT. My sister had told me that a cute Japanese dollar store had opened up, but I didn't really know what I was getting into until I went for the first time today. I think of it as a candy store for adults (even though there are plenty of things for the kiddos too). It also reminds me of The Container Store with its huge array of cute storage options and bento boxes. It's touted as a Japanese home products store, and they are not kidding. You will probably find almost anything and everything you use at home (shampoo, plates, crafts, storage, washing supplies, ...you name it). Best of all, nothing is over $5. You heard me. The prices range from $2-$5 based on a colored dot system, and if it doesn't have a dot, then it's 2 buckaroos.

It was difficult pulling myself away from the store, but I did grab several things that, of course, I didn't really need.


I've always wanted a clear umbrella! This one has a single pink panel and a pink plastic handle.


A cute Scandinavian-patterned oven mitt! So much better than what I've been using- kitchen towels.


Cute panda stationery. How can you say "no" to a panda that dreams of riding a camel some day?


I've been needing a pencil bag to hold all my highlighters for school.


I am getting super prepared for Halloween. Now I have a 5 different costume choices! I'll make Bryan wear one too!


Don't you just love this new set of bowls? The mid-century pattern is perfect!

Finally, for every 10 items you purchase, you get a spin at the bingo ball cage. If one of the lucky numbers fall out, you get 1 or several free gifts that you pick from a wall of stuff. I won 1 free gift and chose this nifty secret pen.

Can't wait to write ultra secret notes with this!

The employees also greet you and say goodbye to you in Japanese as you enter and leave the store. It's like having a little bit of Japan hidden in the middle of Chinatown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin