10.05.2009

Decent Exposure

I'm a major fan of exposed brick when it comes to loft spaces. It helps to balance out the modern with the rustic and gives the room a warm and cozy feeling. I remember having brick walls in my first college dorm room and trying to figure out if I could hammer nails into it to hold up my posters. Indeed they did!

I think the warm and fuzzy feeling I get is from associating brick with sipping hot chocolate next to the fireplace. Even though I had a chimney in the house I grew up in, my family never had to use it because we had such mild winters (if you can even call it that) in Texas. I wouldn't say exposed brick looks great in all spaces considering it can also make a house look outdated. Below are some examples of the kind of brick I would love to find in a home:


Apartment Therapy


Design Sponge


Apartment Therapy


Lavender and Lilies


House and Home

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin