2.10.2010

My Apologies

Accck! Has it really been two months? Where has the time gone? I've learned it's not so easy running two blogs on top of going to school and working. (i.e.- Don't try this at home kids.) I was even seriously contemplating forgoing the ambitious project of maintaining two blogs, but every time I look back, it makes me feel guilty to leave this one behind.

Why? Because this is my baby. This is the blog that started it all. Sure, it began as an experiment in getting my fashion blog running, but it turned out to be so much more. When I think of the mentality I have when I'm posting for Invasionista, it's completely different from the perspective I have when I post for this blog. There is such a humbleness to vintage design and satisfaction from discovering new beauty in old houses around my neighborhood that I can't seem to get out of a fashion blog. Both blogs serve as therapy for me albeit two very different types. They are much needed therapy that help keep my hectic lifestyle sane. I am truly sorry for the lack of posts, but no more apologies for now. Let me begin where I left off...

Luckily, I've been hoarding plenty of ideas and inspiration for Birdfruit. When my motherboard crashed in December, I thought I lost it all, but I was able to get the motherboard repaired and keep my hard drive intact. Whew!

I've been admiring the works of Maruja Fuentes since I first laid eyes on her Green Pockets, ceramic tiles that incorporate nature in a truly unique way. The interlocking tiles act as planters and create a beautiful illusion of plants growing out of a wall.


Now how cool is that?

She also makes leaning molds that serve as both wall art and a support for standing and a seating & table system in bright, organic shapes which function like puzzle pieces. I'm always a sucker for clever design!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin